Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Kolinjivadi - Topography

Following is the detailed map of Kolinjivadi Agraharam.
Various places of this agraharam were numbered in this map.

Descriptions for the numbered placeholders were explained below the map.




1.Krishna Temple17.Meenakshi Sokkanathar Temple
2.Dakshinamoorthy Temple18.ThillapuriAmman Temple
3.Pillayar Temple19. Old Amaravathi Bridge (100 years old British period)
4.Elementary School20. New Amaravathi Bridge
5.Main Double Street (Houses on both the sides of the street)21. Agastheeswarar Temple
6.Small Double Street22. Nadhi Krishnan Temple
7,8,9,10,11. Single Streets (Houses on one side of the street)23.Chakkara Vinayagar Temple
12,13,14 Lanes without houses
15,16 Way to Amaravathi River

9 comments:

  1. Hi, I belong to Kolinjivadi too. Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from the street which lead you to Dakshinamoorthy temple. Place holder : 10 from the above map. By the way, where you are from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is sundar. Recently been to this village and a visited nilambur kaliamman temple our family deity.

      Delete
  4. My great grand father is also from this village but have no information After that. Trying to get some more information.
    Regards
    Sundar

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mail id Scorpsun@gmail.com and my no is 9008166336 I'm in bangalore nw.
    Regards
    Sundar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smt.Ananthalakshmi was married to Sri.Srinivasan.S.R (my grand parents). Her brother was Sri. Subramanian.A (also referred to as Chupni), who is my mama thatha.

    Sri.Srinivasan.S.R, my grandfather is Doraiswamy Iyer. His maternal uncle (mama) was Sri. Sheshadri. Please do me let me know if you know more about my family. I am so eager to hear more about history. Both these families were supposed to be rich and well to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mr.Raja,
    Things are going crazy at my end. I seldom get time and peace of mind to work on certain things.. Please bear with me for time being.
    Yes you are correct, that house was Sri. Honnuswamy Iyer's house. But, I am not sure who is the contact point and/or the descendants of Sri. Honnuswamy Iyer.

    thanks
    Ambarish

    ReplyDelete